As long as you've already made a deposit into your own Hatch account, it’s a free for all! Think birthdays, christmases, christenings, bar mitzvahs, Chinese New Year… A lot of people love your children but don’t love buying junk. All anyone needs to deposit money into your kid’s investing account is their unique reference code. Once you’ve set up your kid’s account, you’ll be able to find their unique code by signing into Hatch, selecting their account in the top right dropdown, and heading to their deposit details page.
Anyone can set up a one off or regular deposit into your child's account through internet banking. And kids have the gift of time, so small amounts really do stack up.
What if I haven't made a deposit into my own Hatch account yet?
The first deposit into your account or your Kids Account needs to come for your bank account. This is an important security check to make sure you're really you, and is part of our responsibility to keep our customers and their money safe.
Opening Kids Accounts
- Does Hatch have Kids Accounts or portfolios?
- Who can open a Kids Account?
- How do you open a Kids Account?
- How many Kids Accounts can I create?
- Can I move money/shares from my account to my Kids Account?
- How do I create a Kids Account if I don't have a New Zealand birth certificate or guardianship order?
Using a Kids Account
- Who will manage my Kids Accounts?
- How do I withdraw money from my Kids Accounts?
- Can children get $10 NZD top-ups for referrals?
- What will happen to my Kids Accounts when my child turns 18?