When your child turns 18, they can sign up and buy shares on their own through Hatch. Since the shares you bought for them through their Kids Account are theirs, they can transfer them to their own account. They’ll just need to reach out to our team so that we can get it sorted.
Opening Kids Accounts
- Does Hatch have Kids Accounts or portfolios?
- Who can open a Kids Account?
- How do you open a Kids Account?
- How many Kids Accounts can I create?
- Can I move money/shares from my account to my Kids Account?
- How do I create a Kids Account if I don't have a New Zealand birth certificate or guardianship order?
Using a Kids Account
- Who will manage my Kids Accounts?
- Who can deposit money into a Kids Account?
- How do I withdraw money from my Kids Accounts?
- Can children get $10 NZD top-ups for referrals?