If you haven’t earned more than $200 NZD in dividends or other untaxed income during the tax year, and you don’t have more than $50,000 NZD invested overseas, then it’s likely you won’t need to file a tax return for your overseas investments.

While we know about your Hatch investments, we don’t know your full tax situation. If you’re unsure about what you need to do at tax time you should speak to a tax professional. You can also read more about who needs to file a tax return on the IRD’s website.

If you are unsure about what you need to do at tax time, then try our quick tax quiz (it really is quick).

Note: Your tax obligations are unique to you - if you're unsure, we recommend you seek professional tax advice. Your situation may change over time; it’s your responsibility to keep up to date with changes.

Did this answer your question?