Our exchange rates are usually cheaper than banks and are competitive with sites like Transferwise. If you compare the live rates from interest.co.nz to the exchange rate in Hatch, you'll see how much extra you'll wind up with by depositing NZD through us.

To transfer USD or US shares from an existing brokerage account:
A bunch of investors have already transferred the US shares and USD balance from their existing broker, and it's easy for you to join them: 

  1. Sign up to Hatch

  2. Email hello@hatchinvest.nz with a current statement from your brokerage account that contains:
    a) all open positions (including any USD)
    b) your account balance
    c) your name on the statement
    d) the logo of the broker

We'll check your US shares are available through Hatch, and that we can tick the compliance boxes with your cash balance. Then we'll walk you through the next steps (which vary depending on your broker). We do the grunt work so it's as seamless as possible.

To transfer USD from an existing foreign currency account
So you know what steps to take and what you can expect, please check out our help page.

Did this answer your question?