If you don't have a New Zealand Driver's Licence or NZ passport, we have a slightly different process to verify your identity. If you're signing up with a NZ passport, you can ignore this, you don't need a certified copy!
Getting a certified copy of your foreign passport
We just need all of the below info for your passport to be considered fully certified. This is important for us to be able to confirm the passport is yours. Please show this to your certifier so they can include all of the statements and details we need.
1. Your passport will need a certification date in the last 3 months.
2. Likeness statement: “I certify that this is a true likeness of [applicant's full name].”
3. True copy statement: "I certify that this document is a true copy of [applicant's full name]'s passport presented to me."
4. Certifier's details: full name, occupation, signature, and date of certification.
(It's really important we get all of these individually, a signature or number will not be used in place of their name and/or occupation).
The person certifying your document needs to be one of the below:
- Justice of the Peace (terrible website, free service!)
- Member of the NZ police
- Registered NZ medical doctor
- Kaumātua (as verified through a reputable source)
- Registered NZ teacher
- A NZ based minister of religion
- A NZ based Lawyer (as defined in the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006)
- Notary public in NZ
- NZ Honorary Consul
- Member of NZ Parliament
- Chartered accountant (within the meaning of section 19 of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants Act 1996)
- A person who has the legal authority to take statutory declarations or the equivalent in New Zealand
- Commonwealth representative (as defined in the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957)
When you have the above, you can click here to upload it to your account for us to check out and get you up and running! We look forward to welcoming you onboard!