You can only open a Hatch Kids Investment Account for children you’re a legal guardian for. But once they have an account, friends and family can deposit money into their Kids Accounts - no more unwanted gifts!
The child named on the account owns the investments. Once you've made an initial deposit, you can deposit money from any bank account into their Hatch account, but you can only withdraw money into their bank account. Once they reach a mutually agreed age between 18-25, they can set up their own Hatch account and transfer their investments across.
Opening Kids Accounts
- Does Hatch have Kids Accounts or portfolios?
- How do you open a Kids Account?
- How many Kids Accounts can I create?
- Can I move money/shares from my account to my Kids Account?
- How do I create a Kids Account if I don't have a New Zealand birth certificate or guardianship order?
Using a Kids Account
- Who will manage my Kids Accounts?
- How do I withdraw money from my Kids Accounts?
- Can children get $10 NZD top-ups for referrals?
- What will happen to my Kids Accounts when my child turns 18?