Two-step authentication keeps your account extra secure. It adds an extra step when you sign in: you enter a unique code generated by an authentication app.
Here's how to set it up:
1. What you need to get started
2. Set up the Authenticator app
After you've download an authenticator app, you need to set up two-step authentication with Hatch.
- Either scan the QR code from your authenticator app or manually add your unique set up details.
- Once you've set up the authenticator app, it'll show you a 6-digit code. Enter it here and click 'Turn on two-factor authentication'
- Optional, Download one-time codes for maximum security: Print your one-time Hatch codes, or save them somewhere safe (not on the same device as your authenticator app). You can use these one-time codes to sign in to Hatch when you’re away from your device, or if you ever lose, restore, or damage it. Note: Each one-time code can only be used once and if you download new one-time codes, all existing codes will stop working.
3. Sign in with two-step authentication
After you set up your authenticator app and connect it to Hatch, use it to generate a code each time you sign in:
- Enter your email and password like normal, and click 'sign in'
- Launch the authentication app to generate a random 6-digit code
- Type the 6-digit code into the authentication field in Hatch. Click 'Verify'.
4. Disable two-step authentication
Two-step authentication adds extra security to your Hatch account and investments. If you no longer want to use it, you can turn it off here.
Click 'disable two-step authentication' to change back to just entering your email and password to sign in.