Every person investing in the US needs to submit a compulsory W-8BEN form every 3 years to ensure thy are paying the correct US tax. This is also known as a ‘Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding’.

Our US broking partner uses the information you enter when you sign up to Hatch to automatically complete and process your W-BEN for you. You don't need to do anything and the only thing you’ll notice is a one-off $1.50 USD fee deducted from your first deposit.

If you're a US tax resident, get in touch and we'll sort a W9 tax form for you to complete.

For more about tax, check out our tax centre.

Note: Your tax obligations will depend on your situation, so we recommend that you seek professional tax advice. These obligations may change over time, it’s your responsibility to keep up to date with changes.

Did this answer your question?