Yes. Many of you have already started investing on behalf of your children through your own Hatch accounts. We’re planning to do a one-off mass transfer of shares from existing accounts to your Kids Accounts. The details are to come, but if you do want to transfer shares, then:
- Make sure you have opened an account for every child you want to transfer shares to (get step by step instructions)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know
- We’ll send you a form to complete (you’ll be able to fill out the number of shares to transfer to each child, and will be able to split up your holdings)
- On an agreed date, we'll complete all the transfers at once and your Kids Account will have a nice head start!
Transferring to children who are over 18 years old
If your child is over 18, we can’t transfer shares from your account to theirs. This isn’t us being difficult, we just operate under very strict money laundering laws which forbid us from transferring shares from one adult to another. We may make the odd exception if we can so let us know at email@example.com - and keep your fingers crossed.
Opening Kids Accounts
- Does Hatch have Kids Accounts or portfolios?
- Who can open a Kids Account?
- How do you open a Kids Account?
- How many Kids Accounts can I create?
- How do I create a Kids Account if I don't have a New Zealand birth certificate or guardianship order?
Using a Kids Account
- Who will manage my Kids Accounts?
- Who can deposit money into a Kids Account?
- How do I withdraw money from my Kids Accounts?
- Can children get $10 NZD top-ups for referrals?
- What will happen to my Kids Accounts when my child turns 18?